Cranberry Sauce Muffins
It’s a muffin kind of day. Two hours of raking leaves left me a bit hungry. This is an adaptation of a cranberry sauce muffin recipe I found online here. I made this recipe and liked it (although I substituted yogurt for the sour cream). This time I was out of sour cream and had some buttermilk I needed to use so I just used that. I also changed up the whole wheat flour for a combination of oatbran and ground flax seed.
For my version you will need:
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 1/4 c. buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c. flour
1 c. oatbran
2 Tbsps ground flax seed
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
12 Tbsps chunky cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients except the cranberry sauce.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix until just blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups (they will be quite full but don’t worry about it).
- Spoon one Tbsp of cranberry sauce on the top of each cup of muffin batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Store in airtight container (they will keep about 3 days).
Yield 12 muffins.