Gluten Free Banana Muffins
My daughter is on a gluten free kick and loves banana bread so I set out to find a good recipe for gluten free banana muffins. This one is a mishmash of several on the web including a gluten free, vegan optional version from Minimalistbaker.com. I didn’t bother with the vegan bit and I used coconut sugar as the sweeter which tastes like cane sugar. I found them a bit drier than I like so next time I will consider adding 1/4 c. of coconut oil (since I have some organic coconut oil in the cupboard that I’ve never tried).
2 medium ripe bananas mashed (I raided the banana graveyard in my freezer)
3 Tbsp coconut sugar ( you could use agave, maple syrup, honey…or “gasp” sugar if you like)
3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 c ground almonds (the recipe called for almond meal but they are really pretty much the same thing)
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp oat flour (just grind large flake oats in a food processor…works like a charm)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin muffin cups.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, mash up bananas and beat into egg mixture.
- Add coconut sugar, baking powder, vanilla, milk and stir.
- Add the ground almonds and grown oats and stir.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and eat.