Breakfast Cookies #2
This breakfast cookie recipe is easy, quick and makes 18 breakfast cookies. I was going to use honey or agave instead of sugar but discovered I was out so I ended up using brown sugar. You could substitute any kind of nut butter for the peanut butter or use a nut-free spread.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 large banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whole oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Put peanut butter, apple sauce, banana and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on low to medium until well combined.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add them to the mixing bowl and mix until the ingredients come together.
- Let stand for 20 minutes to let the oats absorb some of the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking tray with a silpat or baker’s parchment.
- Scoop a golf ball-sized amount of dough into your hand, roll into a ball, and flatten slightly.
- Place cookie dough balls on the baking tray 1″ apart and bake for 18 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on tray for 10 minutes. Then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Put in an airtight container or freeze them (they freeze well).
Makes 18 cookies.