Paleo Swedish Meatballs
These paleo Swedish meatballs are mix of Healthy Swedish Meatballs from 40 Aprons and Dairy Free Swedish Meatballs from The Castaway Kitchen. I mixed the two recipes and baked them rather than fry them.
- 1 lb meatball mix (beef, pork and veal) or just ground beef)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg and add the coconut flour, set aside.
- Saute the onion in the olive oil until translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the salt, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, allspice and nutmeg with the cooled onion.
- Add the spice mixture to the egg and coconut flour and mix well.
- Add the meat and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into 1″ meatballs (wet your hands to make it easier) and place them on a the lined backing sheet as you go.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way.
- Make onion gravy, serve with lingonberry jam, or freeze for later.
Makes 24 meatballs.