Pumpkin Buckwheat Muffins – Vegan and Gluten-free
Pumpkin and buckwheat muffins are gluten-free and vegan. They are also a great way to use up canned pumpkin from other recipes like Pumpkin Chai Muffins.
- 1 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree diluted with orange juice to make 3/4 cup
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with muffin cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Stir in the raisins.
- In a medium bowl whisk pumpkin, orange juice and coconut sugar together. Add apple sauce, oil, and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Fold until combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Divide evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a terster inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.