Tomato Sauce with Bacon and Capers
This sauce is based on Marcella Hazan’s Tomato Sauce and simply adds bacon, dried red chilis and capers.
- 2 cups tomato sauce, I used the batch that I made of Marcella Hazan’s sauce.
- 3 rashers of double smoked bacon, chopped
- 1/8-1/4 tsp dried red chilis
- 2 Tbsp capers
- fresh parmesan
- Make the tomato sauce and set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a stainless steel sauce pan. Remove the bacon from the pan and pour off the extra fat.
- Return the pan to the heat and toss in the capers and let them fry for a bit.
- Add the tomato sauce back.
- Add the bacon and heat through.
- Cook up your favourite pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Top with fresh parmesan and a grind of fresh pepper and eat!