Chimichurri Sauce with Cilantro
This recipe is a tweaked version of Chimichurri Sauce (Argentinian Pesto) from Simply Recipes. The original does not have cilantro, mine does.
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro trim the bottom stems off but use the tender part of the stalks.
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsps fresh oregano leaves (or 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 But the parsley, cilantro, garlic and oregano into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
2 With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar then ad the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
Serve immediately or refrigerate. If chilled, return to room temperature before serving. Can keep for a week in the fridge.