Coconut Flour Shortbread Squares
I love the way coconut flour smells. It’s a little tricky to use and I had to mess about with the measurements to get the right texture. The recipe is based on this 3 Ingredient Coconut Shortbread Flour Cookies but I ended up adlibbing because I didn’t have enough coconut oil or maple syrup.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (be ready to add extra tbsps if the dough is too wet)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup melted Earth Balance coconut peanut spread
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8×8 pan with baker’s parchment.
- Put the flour in a bowl starting with 3/4 cups. You may need to add more flour to get a cookie dough consistency.
- Melt the coconut oil and coconut peanut spread together.
- Add the maple syrup and honey.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the coconut flour and work it together with a spoon or spatula. The dough will start out quite wet so let it sit for 2-5 minute to let the flour absorb before you decide whether you need to add more flour. If you do, add it one tablespoon at a time.
- One you get a cookie dough consistency you like, press the works into your prepared pan in an even layer.
- Prick the dough with a fork (prevents it from lifting a it bakes).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until it starts to get golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes then move to a rack and cook to room temperature before cuttint into squares.
- Dip in chocolate if you like (or don’t, up to you). Let the chocolate set up before you store.
Makes 16 squares.