Cranberry Orange Muffins (Vegan and Gluten-free)
I adapted this recipe this from Simple Veganista’s Favourite Cranberry Orange Bread. The difference is that a I had cranberry sauce left over from Turkey Coma Weekend and wanted to use it up so I reduced the OJ to 1/2 cup and I added 1 tsp of vanilla and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 2 cups light spelt flour (I used Anita’s)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Fold until just combined.
- Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups lined with cups or greased.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.