Pineapple and Broccoli Chicken Bake
What you make when you have fresh pineapple and broccoli to use up and some chicken tenders. Pineapple and broccoli chicken bake is not super sweet (not like sweet and sour) and with the Bang Bang sauce it hits just the right note of sweet and spicy. Serve it over rice and you hit all the food groups.
- Chicken tenders 454 g
- 1 head broccoli, cleaned and cut into florets
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- rosemary salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 Meyer lemon
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 C fresh pineapple peeled, cored and rough chopped (could use unsweetened canned w/o the juice)
Bang Bang Sauce
1/2 C mayo
1/2 C yogurt
1/4 C Thai sweet chili sauce
1 tsp sriracha sauce
Whisk the ingredients together and Bang…Bang…sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mince garlic, and toss chicken with garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary salt, smoke paprika and fresh pepper and broccoli.
- Saute onion in butter, add pineapple, honey and dijon and bring to a bubble.
- Pour onion, and pineapple sauce over chicken and broccoli.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (until chicken is cooked through).
In the meantime, make some rice and Bang Bang Sauce. Serve over rice with a dollop of Bang Bang Sauce.