Leftover Basmati Coconut Rice Pudding in the Slow Cooker
I happen to love rice pudding. There’s something nostalgic from my childhood about it that says comfort food to me (ok, I’d had kind of a bad day). Anyway, I found myself with six cups of cooked basmati rice (don’t ask, I forgot about a bunch I’d tucked in the fridge) and I thought I’d give this a whirl. It’s based on Simply Nourished Livings’ Slow Cooker Rice Pudding Using Cooked Rice recipe (thank you Martha) with some substitutions.
- 6 C cooked rice (I happened to have Basmati)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 400 mL can of coconut milk
- 400 mL milk (I just filled up the empty coconut milk can with 2%)
- 1/4 C coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Put the cooked rice in the slow cooker.
- Add the coconut milk and stir.
- Fill the empty can with 2% and beat it with the 2 eggs until well combined.
- Add the egg and milk to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the coconut sugar, sea salt and vanilla.
- Add the cinnamon stick and cook on low for 2 hours until the liquid is mostly absorbed. Give it a stir now and then if you need to break up the rice.