Apricot Cranberry Energy Bars – No Bake
These Apricot Cranberry Energy Bars are inspired by the Apricot Chia Bars on Cupcakes and Kale Chips. I used sayer dates and added cranberries instead of the white chocolate (not a fan, it’s NOT chocolate!)
- 1 cup pitted sayer dates, soaked in very hot water for 5 minutes to plump them up
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds/pepitas
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 – 1 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
- Line a 8×8 square pan with baker’s parchment.
- Dump the dates, apricots, chia seeds and cinnamon in a food processor, and process until smooth. Break up the paste with a spatula, add pepitas, pulse until there are small chunks of pepitas.
- Break up the mixture again, add the cranberries, pulse a few times to chop and distribute the cranberries.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a couple times to chop and distribute.
- Press the mixture into your prepared pan. The mixture is very sticky so it helps to use another sheet of parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes, slice into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Freeze half.