Vegan, Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Vegan, gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins, mmmm. The original recipe came from The Real Food Dietitians recipe for Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins but I made the vegan version, swapped in Bob’s Red Mill Baking Mix for the flour, coconut oil for the oil, and Rice Dream for the Almond milk. They don’t rise a lot but they are very tasty.
- 1½ C Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Mix
- ½ C organic coconut sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 vegan eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax whisked with 6 Tbsp warm water)
- ¼ C Rice Dream (Silk or Almond Milk are other options)
- ¼ C melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line 12 cup muffin tin with parchment paper liners
- In large bowl, combine baking mix and coconut sugar.
- In a Kitchen Aid with the paddle attachment mash the bananas.
- Add the vegan eggs, Rice Dream, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Stir banana egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin wells half full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.