This barbeque sauce is based on the Homemade BBQ Sauce from Robyn Stone on Addapinch.com. I only wanted to make a half recipe and I had to substitute some ingredients but I’m pretty happy with the result. It’s tangy, smoky and will go well on chicken or pork. Also works well with BBQ jackfruit.
- 1 cup ketchup (I used French’s, because…Canadian eh?)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 shakes of liquid smoke (I used Woodland Natural Hickory Smoke Flavour)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Whisk ingredients together small saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow to come just to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes, giving it a whisk now and then.
- Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 1.5 cups.