Gochujang-ish Sauce for Tofu
Using the Homemade Gochujang recipe from Pepperscale.com I made up a sweet and spicy sauce for a pressed tofu bake with broccoli. I love Korean food. I need to make it more often!
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup miso (I used Amano‘s Shiro Miso)
- 3 Tbsp Chipotle chili powder
- 2 Tbsp Chili powder
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 heaping tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp sake
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- In a medium sized pot heat the water over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and whisk until it dissolves.
- Add the miso and continue whisking until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add all the ground spices and continue to whisk until the sauce has thickened and starts to bubble.
- Turn off the heat, leave on the burner and let the mixture cool to slightly warmer than room temperature.
- Add the rice vinegar, salt, and sake and stir to combine. This step stops the fermentation process, so don’t skip it.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and cool completely.
- Store in sealed container in the fridge.
- Use as need in marinades for tofu like this Tofu bake. Just replace the Miso and Sriracha with the Gochujang (ish).