Cauliflower Wings with Bang Bang Sauce
Ok, they’re not chicken wings BUT, Cauliflower Wings with Bang Bang Sauce are pretty damn close on the yum scale.
I love cauliflower, especially roasted cauliflower. I got this recipe from the delightful Cherise Danae of Midnight Munchies and More. You can get Cherise’s recipe here. Her recipe is vegan. Mine is not. Make the one that suits you.
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 C panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 C mayo
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix flour and salt pepper together then whisk in the milk. Pour that on top of your cauliflower florets and stir to coat.
- Once coated, pour panko in and stir up to coat. Then put the florets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, turning halfway.
- Make the bang bang sauce by whisking together the last three ingredients. Cherise used 1/2 tsp sriracha but I used 1 tsp and probably would have been find with 2. I’d keep tasting it as you go along to adjust to your preferred heat level.
- Once the cauliflower is done baking, pour bang bang sauce on top toss to coat (don’t over mix) and eat!